September 29th, one more day and we start a new month. It seems that the end of the month and the beginnings of the month are times that we think about what has passed and what is to come. For instance, I was thinking this morning about gratitude and all the things I have to be grateful for:
- 4 wonderful, amazing children
- 4 absolutely fabulous grandchildren
- one great grandchild
- My mother is still alive (we thought she was gone in March, but she pulled through) and she is 98.
- I have a wonderful amazing sister. She is extremely talented and knowledgeable.
- a wonderful supportive boyfriend who has put up with me for about 18 years now.
- a laptop lifestyle. I can work from wherever I am.
- working in a career that I love – career counselling, helping people with discovering what they want to do, helping prepare resumes and help with interviews (see my franwatson.ca page for more details).
- As a member of Toastmasters I get to write and deliver speeches about topics I am interested in.
- I was invited to be the guest speaker at an Open House for a local club and I talked about Choices in our lives.
- I also have a chapter in a book which will be coming out in October dealing with that same topic (link to follow).
- being able to work on writing my book of poetry which I intend to have published by the end of the year, possibly even by the end of October.
- I am thankful for the wonderful summer with blue skies and puffy clouds and being able to take my mom outside in the sunshine almost every day.
- I am grateful that I did not suffer any damage in the tornado and that my family were also safe, although they lost power for a few days.
What are you grateful for?
Try to spend some time each day thinking about the good things that have happened and that you are grateful for. Did you see a sunrise? A sunset? A rainbow? Did you notice the way the clouds moved through the sky? Did you notice how blue the sky was? How warm the day? Each day try to record 3-5 things that you are grateful for.
Here is a complimentary mini-journal to record some of your thoughts.
As you take some time each day to think about some of the things you are grateful for, you will be surprised what a difference it will make in your life.
P.S. Drop me a line and let me know if you find the journal helpful